Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Brush Stroke with Stamping

Hey there!  Today I want to share my first attempt at a brush stroke manicure.  This is an easy technique involving (almost) randomly painting on small areas of colour with a nearly dry brush.  Then, simply because I love to stamp, I stamped a cut out flower image on it.


I first saw this technique on the amazing Chalkboard Nails blog and knew immediately I wanted to try something like it.  Sarah from Chalkboard Nails credits this post as her inspiration so I guess this is an "inspired by an inspired by" design.

You could do this with any combination of colors.  I wanted a bright look like Sarah's had so I used a white base (Maybelline Porcelain Party) and then strokes of blue (China Glaze Frostbite), purple (A England Avalon), red (A England Perceval), orange (OPI Deutsch You Want Me Baby?), teal (China Glaze Adore) and pinky-orange (Sally Hansen Lava).  Looks pretty neat on it's own eh?


I was itching to use my new Messy Mansion plate so I stamped the flower design from MM20 using Konad White to finish off the look. 


 Because the image on this plate is large with lots of areas to play with I deliberately didn't stamp all the nails identically.  It kind of makes it look like the flowers from the middle and ring fingers are extending to their neighbours.  



If you want a great tutorial for a brush stroke manicure, check out Gorgeois' video here.

Thanks for reading!

'Til next time...





No comments: