Sunday, December 8, 2013

Holiday Wreath Nail Art

Hey guys!  I started writing this post on Friday and then ended up with a rare busy Friday night (drinks with my boss and belated birthday dinner with the family).  I've decided to participate in Nail Polish Canada's Holiday Nail Art Challenge.  I'm barely sneaking in for Week 2's theme which is "Decorations".  Feel free to find my image and vote :-)


I did a couple of decoration designs but I couldn't decide which was better so I posted them on Instagram and this was seemed to be favoured.  Clean up was a b*tch.  I swear this was as good as I could get it!  


I started with a clear coat (OPI Nail Envy Matte) and then sponged a whole bunch of greens around the border of my nail to try to get a rough wreath.  Then I used acrylic paint to paint on the bows (very challenging to do on my right hand, by the way), outlined them with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black Out and then added a few loose hex glequins to decorate my wreaths.  


In case you're curious here's the list of greens I sponged on for the wreath:
Picture Polish Kryptonite
Zoya Logan 
Nubar Forest
China Glaze Gaga For Green


I can't wait to see what the next challenge is.  It's pretty fun to try to come up with ideas to fit a theme.  Hopefully tomorrow I can show you the other decoration look I did.  Fingers crossed that you're not sick of holiday colours yet!  

'Til next time...








No comments: