Monday, December 16, 2013

Picture Polish Candy Cane Nail Art

Hey there!  I mentioned in my last post that I love candy canes, didn't I?  I'm actually eating one as I type this so I thought it would be appropriate to post another candy cane look I wore last week, using all Picture Polish colors.



I wanted to use Picture Polish Kryptonite, O'Hara and White Wedding together because I thought they made the perfect Christmas combo.  I used 2 coats of Picture Polish Kryptonite (green, thumb and pinky) and O'Hara (red, index finger) which both have that lovely sparkle that Picture Polish does so well.  On my ring and middle finger, I started with 3 coats of Picture Polish White Wedding, a shimmery white, and then added stripes of Kryptonite and O'Hara using a small nail art brush.  



I was going to tape these to get crisper lines but my patience with striping tape is essentially nil so I tested out my steadiness and just free-handed the lines instead.  I did not so bad on this hand, if I do say so myself...my right hand was not quite so great. 



Well that's all for now.  I actually just inhaled not one, but five, of those mini candy canes as I was writing this.  Told you I like them!

'Til next time...












No comments: