Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Stamping - Inspired by a TV show you're watching

Hey there!  I hope everyone had a good weekend.  All I can say is holy crap have I ever been a slacker lately!  Not just with my blog and nail stuff but with everything!  I feel like I wasted my weekend.  But yesterday I did go to a DSLR camera course.  Now I know a bit more about how to use my camera so I guess it wasn't a total waste of a weekend.  Approximately the only other thing I managed to accomplish was this manicure.

This week's Adventure in Stamping theme was "Inspired by a TV show you're watching" which was surprisingly difficult for me to do with stamping.  The show I went with is Doctor Who, or rather certain episodes of Doctor Who.  Can you guess which ones?


So I just started watching Doctor Who around the time that all the nail-istas were posting their Day of the Doctor manicures in November.  Since then I've watched all 7 seasons.  I finished up last week.  And the one image that really stuck with me was from Journey's End/The Stolen Earth (I won't ruin it for those that haven't watched it) but here's one of the images.

image source

To get the background I started with 3 coats of Essie's Turquoise & Caicos.  Even at three coats there were still naked spots. Then I did my first attempt at the saran wrap technique using American Apparel Summer Peach.



Then I made stamping decals using Vivid Lacquer plates VL013 and VL017.  And I stamped a few more straight on the nails just for good measure.


To add the perspective of how close the planets looked in these episodes I added a skyline from VL004 but I think I liked it better without the skyline.  



There you have it.  I was surprised at how difficult it was coming up with a manicure for this theme considering I watch a lot of TV.  I hope those of you who have watched Doctor Who can at least see what I was trying to go for...

'Til next time...

















No comments: