Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunday Stamping featuring OPI Sheer Tints

Hey there!  I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend.  It's time for another instalment of Sunday Stamping.  This week's theme was combining another technique with stamping.  I decided to try a (cheater) watercolor mani with stamping.  After the jump there's also a bonus with my first attempt at the "Leadlight" or glazing technique.


I said these were a cheater's watercolor mani because I wanted to try out my new mini OPI Sheer Tint polishes over OPI Alpine Snow.  If you haven't seen these yet, these are tinted top coats that are very sheer and perfect for layering.  They come in yellow (I'm Never Amberassed), pink (Be Magentale With Me), purple (Don't Violet Me Down) and blue (I Can Teal You Like Me).  This isn't meant to be a review but so far the names are my favourite part of these polishes.  I do like the look of them and how easy they made a look like this but they are thick and bubbly and create these bizarre strings of polish that ended up everywhere.  But I haven't given up on them yet.  I'm sure I'll be using them again soon.


I then stamped with this swirly pattern from MoYou London Sailor 07XL using Mundos de Unas white (#1).  It kind of looks like a twisted watermarble sitting on top a sea of pastels, don't you think?  It was so light and girly it also felt like the Easter Bunny vomited on my nails.  My apologies for that imagery but that was honestly my first opinion.




And, as promised, when Julia from Messy Mansion posted this picture using her Leadlight Lacquer polishes (which we can't yet get here in Canada) I wanted to try it as soon as I received my sheer tints.  To sum it up, you stamp your image and then add sheer polishes on top which don't cover or affect the colour of the stamp.  I even used the same image as her (on Emily de Molly EDM05).  The difference is hers came out looking deep and beautiful and mine came out looking like a 1980's curtain.  Needless to say, I wasn't in love with my look which was very frustrating after spending ages fighting with the polish strings I mentioned earlier.  


Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

'Til next time...






No comments: