Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunday Stamping - Under The Sea

Hey there!  The computer drama continues but it's working enough at the moment that I get to post my first Adventures in Stamping Sunday challenge mani in weeks!  This week's theme is "Under The Sea" which I thought was a great theme...until I realized I didn't have many fish stamping images so here's three mani's using the same image in all three.

I'll start with my favourite.  This one started with 2 coats of China Glaze Deviantly Daring, a metallic-like teal.  It showed some brush strokes but that wasn't a big concern for me since I knew I'd be covering a lot of it.  I added a glitter gradient with China Glaze Optical Illusion and individually stamped fishes and shells from MoYou London Sailor -07 XL.  I used all Mundo de Unas stamping polishes here.  Holy crap these are great stamping polishes.  They smell weird, they're gummy and thick but they work like a charm!  These are quickly becoming my go-to stamping polishes.  




The second one used 3 coats of Orly Go Deeper as the base colour with stamping in Konad white.  Check out the close up of the Go Deeper glitter.  




And, finally, I actually did this last one awhile ago but since it uses the same image I thought I'd include it here....mostly because I used one of my favourite polishes as a base - Picture Polish Lagoon.  In addition to MoYou London image, a mermaid silhouette from Messy Mansion MM21 was included here.  The stamping polish is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lively Lilac.  This one ended up in the vault because of the lack of contrast between the base and stamp colours.  Meh.





So how's that for overkill?  3 looks for one theme.  I guess I take these Sunday themes seriously!  I had ordered some more MoYou London Sailor collection plates before this theme was announced but they haven't arrived yet so be prepared to see some more fishy mani's soon!

'Til next time...





No comments: