Friday, June 27, 2014

Born Pretty Store Stamping Plate and Polish Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  I have another Born Pretty Store review for you today.  This time I'm reviewing a couple of their nail polishes and a stamping plate.  I really enjoy the nail decorations from Born Pretty Store so I was pleasantly surprised when I found that their polishes and stamping plates can be really good too...and inexpensive which is always a nice bonus!



The first polish I tried out was labelled BK15 (Item ID 7553, colour #15).  It comes in a 10 mL bottle  and it applied great.  The bottle I received had a slightly wonky brush but nothing too detrimental to application.  This line is labelled "Shiny Glitter Shimmer Crystal Sand Nail Polish" which I think is a few too many adjectives.  I wouldn't say this has a crystal sand finish at all (it's not textured) but the shimmer is WOW!  The base is brown but it has a super strong gold shimmer that I adored.  



The second polish I tried was labelled BO17 (Item ID 729).  This one is also labelled as a shimmer polish but it's a purely metallic pink shade.  It gives great coverage (this is two coats but it was opaque at one coat) but, honestly, its formula leaves a lot to be desired.  It was thick and streaky, as you can see in the photos.  BUT it did redeem itself in other aspects as you'll see below.  



The last item I'm reviewing here is stamping plate QA73 (Item ID 7688) and it's quality has sold me on Born Pretty stamping plates.  As with most stamping plates, it comes with a blue film to prevent scratches in transit.  However, it's best to be careful handling it as it doesn't come with a paper backing so the metal edges can be sharp.  The etching on this plate is perfect and I didn't have any problems picking up any of the images with my squishy stamper.  


I mentioned the less-than-stellar formula of BO17 redeemed itself and the way it did that was by being a fantastic stamping polish!  Metallics are known to be great for stamping because their opacity allows them to easily show up over dark colours but some of them dry too fast to be really good for stamping.  Here I stamped two of the images from QA73 over BK15 using BO17 as the stamping polish.  I love the girly full nail design here.  I'm not sure what to call this design so "girly design" it is, haha! 



I also stamped over the the metallic pink BO17 using Mundo de Unas Black and the two circular designs from QA73.  Again I used my squishy stamper, hence the distortion in the circles so that's my fault, not the fault of the plate.  Even with these thicker lines I had no problems transferring the image.  


I admit that I haven't previously paid much attention to Born Pretty Store stamping plates.  But that was just snobbery because after trying this plate out I immediately ordered a ton more.  It sure is nice to only pay a couple of dollars for a plate instead of the usual $8-10/plate.  

And remember, next time to place a Born Pretty Store order feel free to use my 10% discount code.


Have a great weekend!  

'Til next time...











No comments: