Monday, June 30, 2014

Glitter Mermaid Nails featuring Emily de Molly Land of Confusion and Shimmer Polish Sarah

Hey there!  A few weeks ago PiggieLuv posted these absolutely amazing mermaid nails that inspired me to do this copycat mani.  Her freehand skills kill mine so I stamped (surprise, surprise).  And they gave me a chance to use some polishes I hadn't gotten to use yet.  Win win!



I started with two coats of Emily de Molly Land of Confusion.  This is the first time I've tried one of her holographics and they're fantastic.  And this is such a pretty green.  I was expecting it to be darker and more teal based on other swatches I've seen but, on me at least, it came across much lighter.  It's a great summer colour.


On top of that I added another untried of mine, Shimmer Polish Sarah.  I had purchased this when my friend Sarah was in a bad car accident a couple of months ago (along with one for her).  The mix of turquoise and purple glitters goes perfect with Land of Confusion.  As is usually the case, my camera just doesn't do the glittery goodness justice.



For the next step I added Milani Twinkle and a custom Shimmer Polish that I had made for my sister to make a gradience of green, blue and purple.  


And FINALLY, I made them into mermaid tails by stamping the scale image from MASH39 using Mundo de Unas Black.



After this much glitter, all I can say is thank goodness for peel off base coats :-)  

And thank you to Narmai for the inspiration.  If you haven't checked out her blog before, head there right away.  She's an outstanding nail artist!

'Til next time...









No comments: