Wednesday, September 24, 2014

31DC2014 Day 24 - Inspired by The Incarnations of Immortality

Hey there!  I have to admit I am so not feeling motivated to write up this post.  Day 24 of the 31 Day Challenge is Inspired by a book day.  I love reading.  I read every night.  But do you think I could come up with a decent idea for today?  Nope.  Since I managed to get a few days ahead on the challenge, I was doing these this past weekend and I just kept staring at my bookshelf.  Eventually I grabbed a series of books called The Incarnations of Immortality by Piers Anthony and used the first five (out of the eight in the series) and used them for my inspiration.



This series of books is quite interesting.  Each book is set around a different supernatural "office" that a mortal takes on.  They're definitely fantasy books but without being too ridiculous.  The five offices that I have stamped on my nails are death, time, fate, war and nature.  


I think the reason I didn't love these is because, if you don't know the book covers, it looks really disjointed.  The base colours I used are: OPI The "It" Color, China Glaze Fade Into Hue, KB Shimmer My Life's Porpoise, China Glaze Kalahari Kiss and A England Camelot.  It definitely isn't a cohesive color palette.  


The stamping is done with a couple of decals and a couple of full nail images.  For Death I used a skull image from Dashica Infinity -55 and MDU Black with white acrylic paint.  Time is given an hourglass from Winstonia W204 and MDU Dark Grey with white acrylic paint.  Fate is the yarn image from Bundle Monster BM-206 and MDU Red.  War is a pair of swords from Winstonia W215 and MDU Reddish.  Lastly Nature is from MoYou London Mother Nature -08 and MDU Spring Green (appropriately).  


Since the skull on my thumb is by far my favourite nail here, I wanted to make sure he got some extra attention.  For some reason I love this image but it's too big for most my nails so I'm glad I got to use it here.


If anyone else has read these books, I'd love to hear what you think about these.  If you haven't read them, I'm sure this looks completely random!

'Til next time...




No comments: