Saturday, September 27, 2014

31DC2014 Day 27 - Inspired by artwork

Hey there!  Today's prompt for the 31 Day Challenge is "inspired by artwork".  I've already seen some super cool representations of famous artwork but what I did is far from famous.  Earlier this week I was going to went to a PaintNite event which is where you recreate a painting while enjoying a couple beverages at a bar.  They provide the supplies and you get to pretend you're an artist.  So the night before I was going I decided to practice by putting the painting we were going to do on my nails.



To do these I start with two coats of China Glaze Sun of a Peach and gradiented it with China Glaze Heart of the Matter.  Then I added the black detail and the white/purple dots with acrylic paint.  



For the bird bellies I put a circle on with white acrylic paint and then used a few blue polishes, OPI I Saw...You Saw...We Saw...Warsaw (I seriously want to stop using that polish so I don't have to type out the name ever again), Essie Butler Please and Zoya Blu, to color them in.



Luckily the paintings you get to do at these events aren't too complicated but I was still super worried because I've never painted anything but my nails.  And if doing art on a few centimetres of canvas can take me up to 4 hours, I didn't know how I was going to be able to paint a 16x20 canvas in a couple hours.  But I got it done with somewhat reasonable resemblance to the original.  Here's me and my creations...nails and canvas!


I also did something far more abstract based on some Edmonton art for this prompt but I really wanted to share these so I hope you guys are okay seeing another "inspired by artwork" post after the challenge is over.  

'Til next time...




No comments: