Saturday, September 20, 2014

31DC2014 Day 20 - Blue Water Marble Nail Art

Hey there!  How's your weekend going?  I've pretty much done nothing but lay around today but I'm finally getting around to posting this water marble for Day 20 of the 31 Day Challenge.  I love water marbles when they work and curse them when they don't.  For this one I got lucky with the polishes I picked and they all spread nicely so it worked pretty seamlessly.  Hooray!  I used mostly Zoya polishes, plus one Essie.  Keep reading to find out which ones and to see how I just couldn't resist stamping it too.



I started with a base of two coats of Zoya Dillon, a seafoam green shimmer polish.  Here it is on its own since it's mostly covered after the water marbling.


For the water marble, I used Essie Turquoise & Caicos and Zoya Muse, Remy and Robyn.  I like the way that the glitters in Muse make it look like sparkly water.



And since it looked like water to me, I stamped some bubbles from the newest Bundle Monster collection (plate BM-505) using Mundo de Unas white.  And then to tone the white down a bit, I added a sheer blue (Nfu Oh JS30) over it.



Better with or without the stamping?  I can never tell.

'Til next time...



No comments: