Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Gloss 'n Sparkle Strawberry Spring, The Green Mile and Needful Things

Press  Sample

Hey there!  I'm back for the second time today to post some swatches of a new-to-me brand.  The brand is Gloss 'n Sparkle, another great Australian indie brand.  Seriously, I don't know what kind of nail polish mojo the Australians have but I've yet to tried an Aussie brand that I don't like.  Gloss 'n Sparkle is no exception.  I was sent three polishes (Strawberry Spring, The Green Mile and Needful Things) from Color4Nails to review.  Click "Read more" to check out my full review.


All three of these polishes were pigmented jellies filled with glitter.  So the brand name is very appropriate...they were all glossy AND sparkly.  All three applied great and they're 5-free and vegan-friendly.  All my swatches are with HK Girl top coat since glitters do like some smoothing out.

Strawberry Spring is a dark, bright pink (if that makes sense) jelly with most noticeably pink and purple glitter and holographic sparkle which was much more apparent in real life than in my photos.  This is three coats.



The Green Mile is a rich teal jelly with teal and blue glitter and iridescent sparkle.  This one was more pigmented than Strawberry Spring so I only needed 2 coats.  I love teals but I'm always apprehensive because of their potential for staining but I'm happy to report this one didn't stain at all.  Win-win!  



Lastly, this is Needful Things, a dark purple with mainly copper and purple glitter and blue sparkles.  This one was also really pigmented so I used 2 coats which is great coverage for a jelly.  For some reason this one made me think it would make a great Halloween polish but it's definitely lovely year round.    



Overall, I'm happy this brand was introduced to me.  The Green Mile is my personal favourite of the bunch.  Which do you like most?

Gloss 'n Sparkle is available from Color4Nails for $11 each for a 12 mL bottle.  Be sure to check them out.  There's a lot of pretty colours listed there at the moment.

'Til next time...








No comments: