Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Blue Color Block Nail Art

Hey there!  This week's Crumpet's Nail Tart's 52 Week Challenge had the option of choosing "3 shades of blue" as a theme and I definitely had to pick it.  My reasoning?  I love blue, it's that simple. And I've never really done color block nail art before so I thought I'd give it a go here.



I started with a metallic silver base, OPI Push and Shove.  The first time I tried these I didn't use quick dry top coat and didn't wait long enough for my silver to dry.  Of course I ended up pulling it right off when I removed the striping tape so I went to bed and tried again the next day...this time with quick dry top coat and super skinny Nail Vinyls instead of striping tape.  Nail Vinyls are so much easier to work with than tape. 


The blues I used are China Glaze Capacity to See Beyond (turquoise blue) and I Sea The Point (medium blue) and Cult Nails Time Traveller (dark blue).  I knew I needed really opaque blues for this because I didn't want to take the time to paint the same area numerous times because that would mean my tape would leave big ridges.  These are all really pigmented colors so they worked great.


After I pulled the nail vinyls off I finished with a coat of HK Girl.  It left some bubbles on my ring finger, as you can see.  But no biggie!


These taught me the lesson that I'm still not patient enough to use striping tape.  But I've purchased so many Nail Vinyls lately that I really need to work on said patience so I can actually put them to use.

'Til next time...



No comments: