Friday, February 20, 2015

UberChic Beauty Stamping Plate Review - UC 2-02

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Happy Friday everybody!  Today I'm continuing my review of the new UberChic Beauty stamping plates with today's feature plate, 2-02.  I've always wanted to do wood grain nails and this plate has a couple of perfect patterns for it so it was the perfect opportunity.  So I used a couple of different tree-like patterns for these, along with a little tree carving.



Plate 2-02 is another one of my favourites.  It's particularly good for those of us that love the outdoors with the wood grain patterns that I used, along with some feather and leaf images and some smaller camping and other outdoorsy images.  But it also has a city skyline so it's not just for the outdoors.  There's also a chevron pattern, my sister's personal favourite.  I know she already stamped with the chevrons and they looked great.  And I can't wait to use the wiggly patterns at the bottom of the plate.  They look fun!  


For today's mani I used three of the images on this plate.  I used the traditional wood grain patterns (right hand side, second row from the top) but I also used the image that looks like a pile of trees (just left of the other).  For some reason this patterns reminded me of birch trees so I wanted to use a lighter color for it.


For the brown nails, I did a slightly distressed base with Zoya Flynn and OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh stamped with Mundo de Unas Brown.  And then I couldn't resist adding the "You + Me" heart in Mundo de Unas Black.


For the birch nails, I started with a grey base of Loaded Lacquer No Shoes and then distressed it with OPI Alpine Snow and stamped it with Mundo de Unas Dark Grey.  Then to finish the wood look, I mattified it with Essie Matte About You.


That's all for today.  Again, if you're interested in these UberChic Beauty plates, they can be found on the UberChic Beauty website.  There are currently two collections of 3 plates each available and each collection sells for $24.99 US.  Plate 2-02, shown today, can be found in collection 2 here.  Follow on Facebook and Instagram to keep up with all the latest news.

'Til next time...







No comments: