Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Needle Drag Nail Art

Hey there!  Today's nail art taught me something...I have no idea how to do needle drag nails!  But since that was one of the prompts for this week's 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge (along with burgundy/maroon) I gave it a go.  While I definitely do not love how mine turned out I've seen enough great needle drag looks that I'm not going to completely give up on this technique.  I just need some practice.



As I mentioned the color prompt this week is burgundy/maroon.  I used Rescue Beauty Lounge Cerise Noir which is sort of in that color family, though maybe a little more red than burgundy.  


Along with Cerise Noir, I used Essie No Place Like Chrome for my needle drag and then finished with KBShimmer Clearly On Top.  I'm not sure what I did wrong here but these aren't awesome.  Next time I'll avoid using a metallic polish and see if that helps. 



'Til next time...

No comments: