Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Bundle Monster Around the World BM-XL153 and XL154 Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Last week I showed you a couple of nail designs I did with Bundle Monster's new Around The World plates that I was sent to review and today I have a couple more.  The Around the World collection is a set of (currently) 5 plates with designs inspired by different countries.  The plates I'm showing today are BM-XL153 (inspired by France) and BM-XL154 (inspired by India).  Both had great etching and were a joy to use.



BM-XL153 is called Parisian Perfection and it is adorably inspired by images that make you think of France, from their food to their fashion to their language.  This is a scan of the plate I received.  


To try out this plate I couldn't resist trying the macaroon image (even though I've never actually tried eating a macaroon).  I knew that they can be really colourful desserts so I made decals with Mundo de Unas Black and some neons polishes (mostly from the KBShimmer Summer 2015 collection and the China Glaze Electric Nights collection).  I applied the decals over Lime Crime Milky Ways and then mattified it with OPI's matte top coat.  These took ages to make but I thought they were adorable!  Stamping with this image was a breeze and I don't see why any of the other images would be different.  The only puzzling thought I have is what one is supposed to do with the images in the girl's socks...



The second plate I wanted to show today is BM-XL154.  This plate is called Paisley Delhite...such a cute name!  This plate inspired by India and is filled with really fine paisley images (the ultimate test to how well a plate is etched).  I was shocked at how well these fine images stamped though I did fine I had to use a thinner polish.  I first tried stamping with a Mundo de Unas polish and it was too thick and made me lose a lot of detail.


For this mani I started with a base of Colors by Llarowe Connie, You Saucy Minx and stamped different images with Maybelline Bold Gold.  I can't begin to tell you how impressed I was with how well these images stamped without losing detail.  Unfortunately my pics don't show how awesome it originally looked because when I added the matte top coat my gold stamping lost all it's lustre and ended up looking dull.  But trust me, it looked awesome at first!  



As with the last couple plates I reviewed from this collection, I'm definitely impressed with the quality of these plates, especially considering the price.  If you're interested in these or any other products from Bundle Monster, follow the links below.   

Price: $4.99/plate and $19.99/set of 5 plates
Available on Bundle Monster's website


'Til next time...

No comments: