Sunday, June 14, 2015

Sunday Stamping: Let's Go Fishing

Hey there!  This week's Sunday challenge is a call for summer-themed nails.  I haven't been able to go fishing yet this summer so I decided to do some fishing-themed nails (a fun summer pastime for my family) to try to call on the weather gods to not make our lake so wavy so I can actually get in a boat without risk of seasickness.  And it's the second time in 3 weeks that I used this Winstonia plate for a Sunday stamping post.  I must like it!



The plate I used for these is the Winstonia Hunter's Life plate.  It has that cool negative space fish image so I thought it'd be cool to do something glitter-y under the stamping.  For those nails I used two coats of Picture Polish Lakodom with one coat of a glitter topper (OPI Make Light of the Situation).  Then I did gradient stamping with Mundo de Unas  Pastel Blue (#6), Sky Blue (#68), Holland Blue (#42) and Blue (#4).


On my accent nail I did a gradient base (trying to match the stamping colors as best I could).  I used OPI To Infinity & Blue-yond, Sally Hansen Set Sail and Glitter Gal Tart Yourself Up and finished with a stamping decal made from the same plate and Mundo de Unas Black and OPI Make Light of the Situation.  And finished everything with HK Girl top coat.  


So what do you think?  Think the fishing gods will allow me to get on the water soon?  

'Til next time...

No comments: