Friday, July 31, 2015

Along Came A Spider Nail Art

Hey there!  So who doesn't sit around on their Friday night writing a blog post in between loads of laundry?  I'm such a party animal!  But since it's the last day of the month, and my day was hella busy, that's what I'm doing in order to share what I came up with for this month's The Polished Bookworms book of the month-inspired mani.  Along Came a Spider by James Patterson was what we picked for the crime genre.  I'm not usually into crime books but I have to say I really enjoyed reading this book.  It was a quick pace thanks to the short chapters which I liked and I ate it up.  I must not be alone since it spawned a series of 22 books centered around the detective protagonist, Alex Cross (22 is a lot!).  There was one thing that drove me crazy in this book but it's not worth ranting about.  I'm hoping it was an ancient relic though the book was published in 1993 which seems fairly recent to me.  Keep reading to see the details and an explanation for this seemingly random mani.



As I mentioned Along Came a Spider is a crime book, more specifically a psychological thriller.  In it the detective Alex Cross is tasked with hunting down a serial killer who has kidnapped two children (I hope that's not a spoiler since it's near the beginning of the book).  Both the kidnapper and Cross weave intricate webs to try to outsmart one another which I think is where the title of the book comes from (though that's never explicitly explained).  Part of the kidnappers web is his taunting of Cross with his use the little girl's pink sneaker. 


As for the mani details, I used a white base of KBShimmer Eyes White Open which I first stamped with Mundo de Unas Reddish and Cici & Sisi -02 (a red splatter pattern always spells crime to me).  I then stamped again with the spider web from Vivid Lacquer VL013 and Mundo de Unas Black.


Finally, for the part that makes this mani specific to Along Came A Spider, the pink sneaker.  I used a single sneaker from an image off Born Pretty Store's BP-L022 and make a decal using Mundo de Unas Black, White and Barbie).  After it was applied, I topped it with HK Girl top coat.



If you've read this book or any of the others in the Alex Cross series, I'd love to hear what you think of my book-inspired stamping.  And if you're into books and polish, join The Polished Bookworms on Facebook.  I read next month's book a couple weeks ago and it is one of the best books I've read in ages.  I hope the mani I have planned will do it justice.
  
'Til next time...




No comments: