Thursday, July 30, 2015

UberChic Beauty Out of Africa -01 Stamping Plate Review

Hey there!  I'm continuing today with my review of some of UberChic Beauty's latest stamping plates.  Today I have a plate called Out of Africa -01.  I adore African-themed images and thought today would be an appropriate time to post a plate celebrating some amazing African imagery (in particular, its majestic animals).



This is a scan of the plate I received.  The full plate measures 9.5 cm x 14.5 cm with each full nail design measuring 17 mm x 21 mm (amongst, if not the, largest on the market).  If you're clueless like me, maybe you forget that Egypt is part of Africa but there's also quite a few traditionally Egyptian images here.  This plate also has a few individual designs.  I love the idea of using animal images for a little safari mani.  I also really like the lace-looking animal images (the elephant and lion images) though I didn't use them in the nails I did using this plate.  


The first mani I did was using the two fire images.  I honestly never get sick of doing fire-themed mani's (I'm one of those people who gets absolutely mesmerized by fire) so I couldn't resist using these images.  Unfortunately I dented my middle finger on my picture hand so, if you scroll down a bit, you even get see my Cinderella hand (which I didn't dent).  


For these I used a black base and did some gradiented stamping using Hit The Bottle To Have and to Gold, Copper Haired Girl, Rusty Nail (previously reviewed here).  If you ignore the wrinkling ,that was entirely my fault, you can see how well these images stamped...no problems whatsoever!  On the unstamped nails I topped with Chaos & Crocodiles Fireside Nights (I needed this polish so bad that I had them send it to me to an inn I was staying in in the US a couple of years ago since they don't have international shipping).    


And here is the hand that does all the work so you can see how it looks when you don't wrinkle your nail polish.  I am officially in awe of all you left-hander's out there since I found it darn near impossible to take a photo of my right hand with my camera.  


For my second mani, I couldn't resist using a couple of the animal images on the plate.  I opted to use the giraffe print and the individual image here.  I started with a base of Gosh Miss Mole and then sponged on a bit of Zoya Flynn and SpaRitual Running with Wolves.  The giraffe pattern was stamped with Mundo de Unas  Bones (#67) and then the giraffe silhouette was stamped with MDU Black.  I wanted this mani to be matte so I used OPI's matte top coat to get that effect.  



That's all for today.  I hope you liked my celebration of Africa.  Below are the appropriate links if you'd like to find this plate or any of UberChic Beauty's other products.  

Price: $14.99/plate 
Available on UberChic Beauty's website

'Til next time...


No comments: