Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Re-creations: Day 2 Hammered Gold

Hey there!  For the second day of The Digit-al Dozen's Re-Creation week, I have my attempt at one of favourite DD mani's ever - Hammered Gold from The Dalai Lama's Nails.  Hannah's nail art is always amazing and I had a LONG list of manis of hers I wanted to try but I went with this one because I remembered how much it stood out to me when I first saw it last year.  Mine are nowhere near as good as hers but they were really fun to do!



I didn't have the exact polishes she used so I picked polishes I thought would work for this.  I started with 2 coats of Sally Hansen Go For Gold and then used a dotter and added bits of OPI Sprung, Warm & Fozzie and Goldeneye and Essie Good As Gold.


Like Hannah, I didn't top coat these because I liked the textured look they had.  And thank goodness for peel off base coats because I would not have wanted to remove this much foil-y nail polish the traditional way!  


Don't forget to check out Hannah's and the other Digit-al Dozen's members Re-Creations of the day below.  

'Til next time...




No comments: