Friday, October 9, 2015

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Teal

Hey there!  Today is the first color prompt day of the Crumpet's Nail Tarts latest challenge.  On the colors weeks, we'll all be doing the same color or color combination but we're all given different styles to do with those colors.  This week we're starting with teal.  I was given plaid/houndstooth/tweed as my pattern.  I've recently done both tweed and houndstooth so I decided to give plaid a go today.



Teal is probably the hardest color for me to actually define.  I never know if a color is defined teal or turquoise or aqua so I group them all together.  Luckily I had bought KBShimmer's Teal It To My Heart and since "teal" is in the name, I knew this one had to fit with the color prompt.

Teal It To My Heart is SO opaque that I only needed one coat for these.  Isn't that amazing!  I think used a sheer black (Esmaltes da Kelly Soap Bubbles Black) and a StripeRite striper in white for the plaid pattern.  

This is the first time I've tried to freehand on a plaid pattern.  I don't hate it but I have to admit that stamping would've been able to create much more detailed plaid.  Too bad stamping straight lines is darn near impossible for me!  

Hopefully you're back next Friday for the next themed prompt.  It's a fun one!  In the meantime, check out the rest of the teal nails below.

'Til next time...


No comments: