Monday, November 9, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Inspired by Pinterest/Magazines - Day 1 Dandelion Nails

Hey there!  Happy Monday folks!  Today marks the beginning of a brand new Digit-al Dozen week and this month we're doing manis inspired by Pinterest and magazines.  I do like Pinterest but I'm not a hard core Pinner so, personally, I have a mix of Pinterest and magazine-inspired nail art.  Today I'm sharing a Pinterest-inspired design that ended up being my favorite of the week - even if it is incredibly non-seasonally appropriate!  But I guess if I'm willing to wear summer neons in winter, why not wear spring dandelions in fall?!



I saw this photo on Pinterest and thought it'd make for some awesome nail art.  And I didn't want to wait until spring to try it so I thought it'd be perfect for Pinterest week.  I like it so much I'm kind of tempted to purchase a print from the Etsy shop it links to (though I'm not sure where I'd put it).

image source

For my nails I used all KBShimmer polishes.  I started with two coats Eyes White Open and then did a nimbus style background with Shore Thing, Teal It To My Heart, Sky Jinks, Hugs and Wishes, Pansy-monium and more Eyes White Open.


Then I used MoYou London Pro -04 and Mundo de Unas White and Black to stamp the dandelions and the seeds.


I thought the white seeds needed a bit extra so I used a bit more black to add to the seeds and the centre of the dandelions.  Then I finished it all with HK Girl top coat.  


Let's see how the rest of the ladies are starting off Pinterest week.  I can't wait to see what they come up with!

'Til next time...



No comments: