Friday, April 8, 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Kids TV

Hey there!  This week's theme for 40 Great Nail Art Ideas is Kid's TV.  This one was tough for me since I don't have kids and it's been a long time since I was a kid myself.  I believe it was my sister who suggested I try doing Care Bears nails so that's what I tried to do here.  Care Bears (linked for those of you who might not know what they are) was one of the few cartoons I was able watch growing up since we lived in the country and couldn't receive anything other than three basic TV channels (that would kill me now!).  Every weekday at 7 or 7:30 am Care Bears was on while I was getting ready for school so they're definitely a childhood memory.


For the base color, I tried to use all China Glaze polishes (just because I know they make great bright cremes) but I didn't have a brown so I used Zoya.  Here's the polishes I used for the base:

Tenderheart Bear (thumb) - Zoya Louise
Funshine Bear (pointer)- China Glaze Happy Go Lucky
Good Luck Bear (middle) - China Glaze Four Leaf Clover 
Bedtime Bear (ring) -China Glaze DJ Blue My Mind
Cheer Bear (pinky)- China Glaze Bottoms Up




For everything else I used acrylic paint, starting with white to make it looks like their white belly patches.  Unfortunately my green tummy symbol really bled into the white.  Darn.  I finished with HK Girl.  



There you have some rare freehand painting from me.  I've been busy today so I haven't had time to see anyone else's Kids TV manis.  We can all check them out in the links below.  

'Til next time...









No comments: