Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Nire's Desire Polish Swatches

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Today I have some swatches from Nire's Desire, a brand that was first introduced to me by the amazing, and now sadly "retired", Crumpet.  I've always trusted Debbie's polish suggestions so when she gushed about Prana, I purchased the entire Yoga Trio.  Today I have three brand new polishes and one previously released shade from Nire's Desire to share.  There's such a neat mix of finishes in these four and I love them all.  I'm so happy Erin is back from her hiatus!  Keep reading to see all the details.


Nire's Desire is an indie polish out of Colorado that I feel doesn't get enough attention.  Their formulas are always on point and the colors and styles that she comes up with are really unique.  And they're 5 free!  If you haven't tried them before, you should definitely check out her Etsy store.  All my swatches below are two coats with top coat in the light box, direct light and with matte top coat.  

Solar Plexus - one of my new favourite polishes.  The coral color is just stunning and the light purple shimmer puts it over the top.  The shimmer does make it slightly prone to brushstrokes but nothing noticable in real life.  Just apply with a light hand and you should be fine.  I love the shimmer with the matte top coat (which is why I'm including those photos in this post).  This is two coats plus top coat.    

Solar Plexus light box
Solar Plexus macro
Solar Plexus direct light
Solar Plexus matte top coat

Apple Berries - a berry-toned red with turquoise shimmer.  The formula and finish for Apple Berries is similar to Solar Plexus with it's happy summer-y color and the strong shimmer (that looks absolutely awesome matte'ed).  This is two coats plus top coat.  

Apple Berries light box

Apple Berries macro 
Apple Berries direct light 
Apple Berries matte top coat


Dark Horizons - a dark-based polish absolutely packed with gold holo glitter.  I also felt like there was a lot of gold or olive shimmer in here though that's not mentioned in the description.  This is two coats plus top coat.  The matte top coat really transforms this one.  

Dark Horizons light box
Dark Horizons macro
Dark Horizons direct light
Dark Horizons matte top coat


Bums and Plums -the only previously released polish I'm showing today.  This is a medium red-toned purple holo.  This one is so opaque it was seriously fine at one coat but this is two coats with top coat.  

Bums and Plums light box
Bums and Plums macro
Bums and Plums direct light
Bums and Plums matte top coat

As I mentioned, I definitely recommend this brand.  If you haven't heard of it, give it a try.  If you have, what do you think?  Do you have a favourite?  

Available on Nire's Desire Etsy
$9/13 mL bottle

'Til next time...


No comments: