Sunday, June 26, 2016

HPB Presents Cherry Nail Art

Hey there!  For those of you that don't know, Hobby Polish Bloggers is a group of folks on Facebook who share the same hobby of nail blogging.  Every month we do a link up centered around a certain theme and this month the theme is Fruit.  Well I'm a full-fledged fruit junkie.  Just ask anyone I know.  During the summer I go to the farmer's market at least once or twice a week to buy tons of fresh fruit.  I'm currently on a blueberry binge (over 10 lbs in the last week, no joke) - so much so that I think I'm going to turn into one like Violet in Charlie & The Chocolate Factory.  Strangely I chose to do cherry nails since it was Father's Day and my dad loves cherries.  I bought him a giant bag from the market but stole a couple for my photo.  I'm personally allergic to them so they're a fruit that I miss out on but I can still wear them on my nails.



I started with a sparky pink base of Sally Hansen Pink Satin topped with 3 coats of FUN Lacquer Prima Donna.  I love their holo glitter polishes but they do take quite a few coats to get opaque.  I should really just sponge it on but I was being lazy.  


For the stamping I used the Clear Jelly Stamper CJS LC-01 plate and their clear stamper (previously reviewed here).  These cherries are my favorite images on this plate.  They look delicious!  


I added a bit of white to each cherry to give it a shinier look before topping with HK Girl.  


I can't wait to see what everyone else does for their fruit-inspired nails over the next week.  Feel free to hop around the blogs below to check them out!

'Til next time...



No comments: