Monday, July 25, 2016

Sharing The Love For @ane_li

Hey there!  Today's post is a sad one.  As I'm sure most people know by now, the nail art community recently lost a star, @ane_li on Instagram.  This girl was only 18 years old and such an inspiration to so many of us.  In her memory, we're doing re-creations of her art.  I can't come close to her perfection but wanted to honour her as best I could.  To see everyone's tributes or tag one of your own, you can use the hashtag #sharingtheloveforaneli.



I've chosen to recreate one of Ane Li's most recent posts, this holo gradient with a water marble topping it.  This nail art started with a gradient of Color Club Harp On It, Angel Kiss, Over The Moon and Crystal Baller.  Ane Li's started with a similar gradient but you could actually see hers.  The only photo of mine that even sort of shows it.  


Since this is holographic, I took most of my photos in direct light so show off some rainbows.  


Over the gradient I did a water marble with pipe dream polish Atrament and Clearwater.  Thankfully Ane Li had posted this tutorial so I could follow how she got the water marble pattern.  



Her sister confirmed that Ane Li had chosen to take her own life, making this all the more tragic.  If you, or anyone you know, suffers from depression or is contemplating suicide, please know that you don't have to suffer alone.  Please, talk to someone.  In Canada, a list of resources can be found here.

To Ane Li's family, I am so sorry for your loss.  My heart is so sad for you and for her.  I hope you can find some peace.

'Til next time...


No comments: