Thursday, September 15, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Four - Four-Colored Leaves with UberChic Beauty Lovely Leaves

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Today's Digit-al Dozen Four post comes with an UberChic Beauty review and easily my favourite mani of the week -  actually my favourite mani in a long, long time.  I did 2 designs with the Lovely Leaves plate that each have a take on the Four theme.  For the first one (my favourite) I did a four color gradient as the base.  The second one has four colors in total, one base color and 3 colors of autumn leaves.  I admit that I couldn't wait to get this plate since doing Autumn leaves manis are pretty much the only thing I like about fall - I don't drink pumpkin spice, I wear sweaters year round, even in summer and I hate the color yellow.  But fall nails?  Those I love!  You can find out all the details for these two manis, as well as a couple other new products from UberChic Beauty down below.


I'm going to start with the other new products, just for fun.  The first is a more traditional XL clear stamper with a clear holder.  Previously, UberChic's Clear stamper came as the head alone that fit into a plumbing washer.  I definitely love that stamper still because sometimes I want as little space as possible between nail and the back of the stamper but this stamper has already made it into regular rotation.  It comes in a clear plastic container with a clear bottom.  The diameter is approximately 4 cm and the stamper is 5 cm tall (5.5 cm with the lid).  It also comes with a clear scraper.  The upper right photo is taken through the stamper with no priming whatsoever.  Impressive eh?


The second item is a 6 pack of scraper cards.  These come with 3 transparent and 3 opaque cards, all with popular UberChic Beauty images on them...and the opaque ones have fun phrases on the back but I'll keep those a surprise for you.  They are the standard credit card/gift card size of 8.5 x 5.5 cm.  To my hands, the transparent ones felt slightly stiffer but both had a smooth edge so it is easy to get a clean scrape.  


Now onto the Lovely Leaves stamping plate.  It is the more common UberChic Beauty size of 9.5 x 14.5 cm and it is chock full of leaf designs.  I'm so impressed with the variety she came up with for this plate - close ups, wide views, negative space leaves - such a variety!  The full nail images measure 17 x 21 mm but there's also quite a few smaller single images for those of you who prefer those.  There's even a layered image down in the lower left corner.  Everyone is loving it...including me.  I've used it too but I'm saving that one for next week so I hope no one is sick of it yet.  


Finally, onto my "Four" designs.  Of course I have to start with my love.  I knew I wanted to do a four color gradient to use this plate for this theme.  I opted to start with the only mustard yellow I own, Misa Silly Daffodils.  It only gets used at this time of year but it gets used A LOT.  I then did a gradient with OPI Uh-Oh Roll Down The Window, Silly Daffodils, OPI My Paprika Is Hotter Than Yours and Zoya Louise.  Then I double stamped a negative space images with Mundo de Unas Black and Bronze to give it a shadow-y look.  I topped it off with HK Girl top coat to be sure to get a couple days wear out of it.  



I'm not sure the four original colors in the gradient are decipherable but I swear they're there! 


My second "Four" leaf mani, started with a base of KBShimmer Pansy-Monium.  I then did the Advanced Stamping technique and transferred some sparkly leaves to the purple base.  I did the stamper with Revlon Dominate and the polishes I used for the leaves are Nubar Oro, Arencia and Rosso.  I finished with HK Girl top coat.  



The red and orange look a bit similar but this macro should show you they're different.


I have to say I'm really surprised this plate isn't sold out yet.  It's been really popular in the UberChic Geeks group.  I have no idea if it's going to sell out but, if you're interested, I'd get it now.  Besides, the autumn leaves are eventually going to fall and then we're going to have to switch over to snowflake manis so get your pretty leaves in while you can!  

$8.99/Stamper
$5.99/6 scrapers
$14.99/plate
Available at UberChic Beauty

After you're done shopping, check out my DD friends' Four manis down below.  I've loved their ideas so far.  I have such talented friends :-)

'Til next time...



No comments: