Friday, March 3, 2017

26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Mixed Tape Mani

Hey there!  This week's 26 Great Nail Art Ideas theme is Mixed Tape Mani.  I'm no spring chicken so the absolute first thing that popped into my head was old school mixed tapes...as in cassettes.  I had quite the collection of tapes back in the day, mostly recorded off the radio (but I was a pro at making sure no radio announcer words snuck in there) so I was dying to do some cassette tape nails for this theme.  Alas, I chickened out and decided to stick with what I assumed was the theme's intention and used a couple different types of actual tape (the sticky kind) to do this week's nail art.



Other than the black and white, I used Cirque Halcyon as the main color in this mani.  Honestly anytime I see Halcyon, I think of this post from Paulina's Passions where she used it beautifully so I'm sure I was subconsciously inspired by her gorgeous mani.  


For these I used a base of KBShimmer Eyes White Open and then used straight Nail Vinyls and Eclipse for the black stripes.  


Then I used plain old Scotch tape and blocked off where I wanted the triangles to go and filled that area with Cirque Halcyon.  


I finished with HK Girl and then just basked in two of my favourite nail polish things...stripes and rose gold.  


In the links below we can find everyone else's Mixed Tape designs.  I hope someone did cassettes, I really do!

'Til next time...









No comments: