Monday, April 10, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Get To Know Me - Canada

Hey there!  It's time for this month's Digit-al Dozen theme and it's a good one!  Our theme is "Get To Know Me" so we all get to find out more about all of our Digit-al Dozen ladies.  What this theme taught me is that I'm so incredibly boring!  I tried to think of interesting things about me but there really isn't all that much to me.  But I did come up with 5 manis that tell you a bit about who I am and how I spend my time.  Really, I should've just done 5 separate "I like nail polish" designs but, since I figured that fact might be a bit obvious since I'm sitting here writing a nail polish blog, I tried to come up with other things.  The first thing is something that I'm sure everyone knows.  I'm Canadian!  I spent a lot of time defending this mani to my friend in London who always asks about my nail stuff.  He says that where I'm from doesn't tell anyone anything about me but I argue that it does.  Especially when I think about all the stereotypical Canadian qualities I have.  I say "sorry" A LOT, I drink beer, I watch hockey (or at least I will now that the Oilers are in the playoffs for the first time in 11 years!) and I like to think I'm pretty nice.  And I definitely end quite a few of my sentences with "eh?"...

Canada nail Art

Canada nail Art

Since I'm pretty proud of being born and raised in Canada, I used all Canadian products for this design starting with a base of Girly Bits January Morning.  I also used Girly Bits stamping polishes (Little Black Dress, White Wedding and Fire Engine Red).  Girly Bits is definitely the most well known Canadian indie brand and for good reason.  Pam makes quality products with great customer service.  And she overall just seems like a swell human being.  She's working hard to put on the first Canadian Indie Expo this June.  I bought my ticket so maybe I'll see you guys there?  You could buy your very own ticket here.  I just need to bite the bullet and buy the plane ticket now.  As much as I love Canada, it sure is expensive to fly across this giant country of ours!  

Canada nail Art

Canada nail Art

The stamping plates and stamper I used are also Canadian, from Alberta's neighbor to the west, Clear Jelly Stamper in beautiful British Columbia.  She and a bunch of Canadian Stampaholics came up with two seriously awesome plates for all of us Canucks who are sorely underrepresented in the stamping plate world.  I bought Oh Canada! and True North Strong! the second I saw they were released.  I used them both in today's design. 

Canada nail Art

In case it's not obvious, I live in Edmonton, the capital of Alberta.  Since the Oh Canada! plate has all the capitals on it, there was even an image for my city...hooray!  For the stamper I used The Big Bling, my favourite clear stamper to date.  Did you know the clear stamper was invented in Canada by Clear Jelly Stamper?  Everyone has copied it now but Canada brought us the original!  

Canada nail Art

That's the first random fact about me this week.  I'm a proud Canadian, and such a homebody that I'll probably never leave.  In the links below, we get to find out more about my Digit-al Dozen friends.  It's gonna be fun!

'Til next time...




No comments: