Friday, October 27, 2017

26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Negative Space Halloween

Hey there!  I think today is going to be my final Halloween nail art look for the year.  I have to admit, I'm a bit tired of doing them (though I'm still incredibly impressed by ones I've seen other nail ladies doing).  It feels like I've had Halloween nails on for two months!  But at least my final one is combined with a negative space prompt for the 26 Great Nail Art Ideas challenge this week.  I do love negative space stamping images so that's how I've interpreted it.



Why do I love negative space stamping so much?  Because you can have your image in glitter!  However I realized that I'm sorely lacking in orange glitter so I just bought OPI's Orange You Fantastic this year.  You can expect to see this in Halloween manis for years to come now!  It is pretty jelly so it took 3 coats to get it fully opaque.  But check out all that glitter.  Now that I'm looking at it, I think this would make a pretty stellar base for any fall design.  


Lina Nail Art Supplies Spooklicious 02 (previously reviewed here) has tons of negative space images.  I knew I had to use the pumpkins before this year was out.  Even the swirly design is sort of a negative space image since there's more solid regions in between the swirls.  


I did the stamping with Painted Polish Midnight Mischief.  I just received this order (my first Painted Polish order ever) of stamping polish and I have to say I'm impressed.  I've swatched the Fall Into Zen cremes for stamping and really like them.  Hopefully I can write up a post about them next week.  



While I chose to use a negative space stamping image, I've seen some of the other ladies do negative space nails with "naked" space.  That's impressive to me.  I highly suggest you check out the rest of the group in the links below!

'Til next time...







No comments: