Friday, March 16, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen/26 Great Nail Art Ideas Does French With A Twist

Hey there!  We've come to the end of The Digit-al Dozen's Stamping Week which just so happens to fall on the same day at 26 Great Nail Art Ideas theme of "French With A Twist".  French manicures are traditionally freehanded or use vinyls (at least as far as my limited knowledge goes) so my twist was that I stamped the french tip here.  I will say that plates with french tips combined with clear stampers make french manis WAY more appealing to me.  When I've tried to do french manicures in the past, I ended up with sort of blobby looking tips because I use too much white so it gets thicker....it's really not pretty.  Since stamping using a really thin amount of polish, the end doesn't get thick. Unfortunately it also means it doesn't wear very well but it got me through a day at work which is good enough for me!



These were actually stamped TWICE with a french tip which made it looks so fancy to me.  I started with 2 coats of Essie Allure (to hide my stained nails) and first stamped with a lace image from Moyra 31 with Mundo de Unas Black.


Then I stamped a tip from Born Pretty BPX-L005 (which has all sorts of fancy tips) with Essie Penny Talk.  Then I re-stamped the same image with black but a few mm further up.  This would be absolutely impossible for me without a clear stamper.  I finished with KBShimmer Clearly On Top top coat.  



Originally I tried using some of the really detailed tip images from MoYou London Frenchy 05 for a comic book french mani but I lost some of the detail so I wasn't super happy with the final product.  


That's all for Stamping Week.  But let's be honest, every week is stamping week for me!  Check out the DD ladies' final stamped manis, and the 26GNAI ladies' manis in the links below.  

'Til next time...




No comments: